Thursday, May 11, 2017

Bowl Of Dreams Video with Laura!

Hey there! I am sharing a process video with you today, all about how I created this page using the May Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook.

Have I mentioned how much I love this kit!  The colours are amazing and it is chock full of Jillibean Soup "Bowl of Dreams" goodies!

I was inspired by the chipboard circle frames by Creative Embellishments that were in the kit, to create this page.  I also used the free alphabet cut file available at My Creative Scrapbook this month to cut out the "x's".  But of course you could use any font or die or even free hand them.


I chose the largest circle from the set and then every other circle until I had 5 frames to work with. I like working with odd numbers.


I cut out an "x" the same height as each circle element that I chose.  Then I embossed the circles with white embossing powder so that they match my "x's".

I backed the largest circle with my photo (actually it is my friend's granddaughter, I asked permission to use it as soon as I saw it - they are very accommodating to my craft!) and then I used patterned paper to back all of the other circles.  I opted to leave the "x's" plain.


Then the fun bit begins, yes you know I mean the embellishing!  I actually only used two main embellishment clusters on this page, but also added a tiny bit to the left of the photo.  It is not really a full third cluster but it does help balance things out.


I customer coloured the DIY Thickers with a couple of colours of mist and layered them with a couple of puffy stickers to create my title, which is resting on a scrap of a doily from my stash.


You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Jillibean Soup "Bowl of Dreams" patterned papers {dream big, think with purpose, pie in the sky, aim high}, pea pod parts, puffy stickers and label stickers; DIY Thickers; Creative Embellishments chipboard circles; Pink Paislee "take me away" buttons. (From my stash) Heidi Swapp Color Shine {gold}; Mr. Huey's mist {taxi yellow}; Shimmerz Colouringz {pink stiletto}; American Crafts white cardstock; Staedtler black fine tip pen; CTMH black ink; One Canoe Two date stamp.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: