Monday, March 13, 2017

Process by Laura!

Hey there!  I am sharing another layout as well as a process video today.  This page was created for  My Creative Scrapbook using the March main kit!


I was inspired by the blues and greens in the March MCS kit to create a masculine page, I added in some floral paper for a pop of colour but balanced it with wood tones.  I reached for my arsenal of my own sketches for a jumping off point, and I love the way this page turned out with its triangles, and balance of colour and white space. It is the perfect backdrop for this fun photo of our middle and youngest sons!


I love the Pink Paislee Memorandum alpha stickers that were in the kit, most especially these translucent white letters that look like vellum.  They are so perfect when you want to integrate your title but not have it detract from your design.  I added loads of machine stitching with a dark brown thread to add texture.


For this page, I opted to not add a lot of layers behind my photo.  Instead using a simple tag clear sticker, which I mounted onto white cardstock and added some twine to, as well as a die cut frame.


I couldn't resist adding some dimension to this fun die cut star, you can watch my video to see how you can recreate this look.


I typed my journalling right onto my page with my WRMK Typeset typewriter.  Some splatters of blue mist and some Ranger Enamel Accents finish off my page!

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a reminder of the kit goodies!


Supply List: (from the kit) Simple Life patterned papers {Blue Meadow, Poppies, Barn Wood, Music, Leafy Sprigs}, phrase stickers, and die cuts; Pink Paislee Memorandum alpha stickers. (from my stash) Hemptique twine, Ranger Enamel Accents in white, machine stitching, Heidi Swapp Navy Colour Shine, WRMK Typeset typewriter, American Crafts white textured cardstock.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: