Hello, MCS friends, welcome to the blog today :-) It is my great pleasure to share a layout tutorial with you - a very simple one, so even if you're a beginner, you can easily follow the steps :-)
The secret to this page is the "busy" patterned background that gives the look of richness even though there are just a few embellishments. So grab your February LE kit and let's get started :-)
1. Take the Dreams sheet and the Prima stencil from the kit and add some dimensional pattern in the centre to lighten up the background for the photo:
2. Take the larger Prima resin frame included in the kit, position your photo and glue it to the frame:
...hand- or die-cut an oval shape slightly larger than the frame. Mount both pieces on cardboard. It's a great way to add dimension to larger pieces, it's cheap and you can recycle your craft stuff packaging ;-)
...and you have a nice dimensional centre piece:
3. Cut one of the frames out of the Baguette sheet and put your title in (must be short, eh? ;-)) Notice I trimmed the "E" to make it fit ;-) Cut out the lace border from the Elegy paper and cut it in half:
4. Position the lace border so that it makes a vertical axis for your page.
5. Cover the meeting place of the borders with your photo piece and add the title to the right:
6. Choose the flowers for your page. Begin your clusters with larger flowers...
....and fill in the gaps with a couple of smaller ones:
7. Tie a bow using the sheer ribbon from the kit and add it between the title and flowers:
8. Complete the flower clusters with pieces of cheesecloth. Add as much as you like :-)
9. If you like, you can add some splashes, using the Prima Color Bloom mist from the kit. Remember to cover the photo.
10. I also added some red glitter ink (not included in the kit). And my page was finished.
Wasn't that easy? I hope you liked it!