Monday, May 30, 2016

Mini Album Design Tips by Kristin Greenwood

Design Team member Kristin Greenwood is sharing some of her terrific mini album design tips featuring our May Album Kit!

Here's Kristin:

I love making mini albums!! My favorite thing about mini's is that I can fit so many pics in one project! When I am creating a mini album, I have a few "rules" that I use, today I am going to share some of them with you!

First, I always start with a theme. The mini album I created this month has a summer theme, but you could also go with a color theme, you could choose your favorite paper collection, or a subject (birthday, friends, family, a specific person, etc.).


Second tip, you need to do something to unify each page.  You should have at least one thing that is done similar on every page.  I have two examples of this on my mini album that I created this month.  Every page has been divided in half with pattern paper.  Also, every page has the same size photo mat.  You could also ink, outline or have the layout of every page be the same!



Another useful tip...after adhering the paper to the base of your album, use a fingernail file around the edges, it gives a nice clean look!

This tip is my favorite!  Since mini albums are mini, there is not a lot of space to work with!  But you get so many fun embellishments in the Album kit each month that you want to add them all!  My advice, pop up adhesive!  You  can overlap on to your photo mats and other embellishments!  Bonus it makes your album look big and bulky!







Last tip is just have fun with it!!

---------------------------------------------

Please visit our Design Team gallery to view more of Kristin's inspiring work.

Here are our May Kits (click to enlarge):

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com