Friday, May 20, 2016

How to Easily Shape Fussy Cut Images by Tracy McLennon

Design Team member Tracy McLennon is sharing how she adds dimension to her fussy cut elements!

Here's Tracy:


I thought I would share a quick tutorial on how to easily shaped patterned paper images to create dimension on your crafting projects. There are often bold patterns that, as a whole can be pretty busy.

But if you take the time to do a little fussy cutting and some shaping, then you can make your own coordinating embellishments.


First step is the fussy cutting. I don't mind this part, I just get in the zone and cut. But I also don't make things too hard on myself, I didn't cut out the antennas.


Then I pulled out my stylus. I use one from Heartfelt Creations that has multiple magnetic tips, for whatever shape or size of your piece. I lay my paper face down on a foam mat and in a circular motion rub each wing. You will see the wings start to take shape.


Do the same to the other side of the butterfly.


Now you can flip your butterfly over and run your stylus down the body of the butterfly.

You now have shaped butterflies ready for your layout, card or other papercrafting project.


Thank you so much for stopping by!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit our Design Team gallery to view more of Tracy's inspiring work.

Here are our May Kits (click to enlarge):

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

No comments: