Friday, April 22, 2016

How to Create a Scalloped Accent by Tracy McLennon

Design Team member Tracy McLennon is sharing how to create a super fun scalloped accent for your pages using bits and pieces of leftover paper!

Here's Tracy...

I created this layout using some bits and pieces leftover from my April Creative Kit. The scalloped/fish scale accent is one of my favourites to use up smaller pieces of patterned paper.


The middle section of my layout is 7” wide.
The circle punch that I used was 1.75”.

I started at the bottom with a strip of the blue patterned paper that was 2x7. Then I made lines up the white cardstock above at the 1.75” mark, then 0.8” above that, and so on with the 0.8”. This will give you a staright line, so your circles won't get off kilter.

My first row of yellow circles get glued down. The next row starts with a half circle, 3 full circles and then another half circle. The third row, all 4 full circles, and so on.


Continue the circles up as far as you'd like.
You can create this look with any size of circle. It just depends on how many circles you would like to deal with in the end.

A little narrow matted strip of the striped patterned paper covers the top of your circles. I cut 2 pieces of pattern for the sides, and that's about it. Add a few embellishments and your matted photo and you are finished!


Thanks for stopping by to check out this simple little tutorial.


Please visit our Design Team gallery to view more of Tracy's inspiring work.

Here are our April Kits (click to enlarge):

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

No comments: