Friday, September 25, 2015

How to Add String Art to a Layout by Christine Meyer

Happy weekend!!!  Design Team member Christine Meyer helps us jump start our weekend creativity by sharing how she created the fabulous colorful string art on her layout made with our September Creative Kit!

--------------------

String Art has been making a regular appearance in the paper crafts world!  In fact one paper in our Main Kit even has string art hearts on it!  Today I am going to show you how I added string art to a layout and made it a one of a kind piece of work!

I'll let you in on a secret - graph paper makes this way easier to do!

I lightly penciled in my outline for the number 5 - using the graph paper to guide me.  I then poked holes at the corner of each square (yay graph paper) and then started stitching the outline.

I then started connecting lines.  This was completely random...when you do string art you can go for a pattern in a shape with some symmetry.  Since this had no symmetry at all, I just went nuts!

As I was filling in the red I realized I was gonna need more color.  So I added in a little of each color that I was using on the layout.  Then it coordinated nicely with the ephemera die cuts!

--------------------

Check out what else Christine made with this month's Creative kit!




Here's the September Creative Kit:

For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com