Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Step by Step Layout Tutorial by Jodi Wilton

Jodi Wilton is featuring our May Main Kit today with step by step instructions for creating her adorable layout!

--------------------

Hi everyone! Jodi here today to share with you a step by step layout tutorial using the MAY MAIN KIT!  This is the layout we will be creating today:


It actually came together really fast! My inspiration came from the background sheet to start and then I loved the softness of the doily (it reminded me of the flower in my daughters hair in the photo!).

Step 1:  Place 3/4 of the doily on the right side, in the centre of the "gala" sheet (this is your background paper).


Step 2: Trim the part of the doily that hangs over the edge of the paper and adhere this part, tucked under the larger half of hte doily.

Step 3: Attach a 4 X 6 photo to far right edge, centered on the doily.


Step 4:  Add the title, using stickers and the word adorable


Step 5: I wanted to add just a hint of color, so I punched large and small hearts out of two different patterned papers:


Step 6: I arranged them in alternating order to make a fun, and eye catching pattern.


Step 7: I wanted to make a flower, and decided a simple, but fun flower is the box flower. Simple punch five circles out of the same patterned paper you used. One circle will be the base of the flower, so it doesn't matter what color you use for this. Two should be one pattern, and the other two should be the other pattern.  Fold them all in half, except for the circle base as shown below:


Step 8: is to put together the flower. The best way to describe how to put it together, is treat it like you were "closing a box". I also added two heart stickers from the kit.  The result should look like this:


Step 9: Add the rest of the stickers and embellishments from the kit as shown below:



Thanks so much for letting me share how to create this layout with you!  You can come and check out more of my projects on my blog: www.luvalotland.blogspot.ca

--------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery to view more of Jodi’s beautiful work.

Here's the May Main Kit:


For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

So Beautiful, I adore this layout