Thursday, January 22, 2015

Step by Step Layout Tutorial by Lynn Shaffer

Lynn Shaffer is featuring our January Creative Kit today with a step by step layout tutorial!

--------------------

Today I am sharing my process for creating my family layout. 


Using a stencil I applied light molding paste to a stencil and let try. I cut squares out of the pattern/saying paper. 


I then painted these squares with white Gesso, and glued them to the page. 


I then took a gelato and my dylusion spray and with a water brush defined my squares.


I then folded my ribbon using my hot glue gun.


Once complete the ribbon should look like the below. 


I then removed the top of my Prima Bloom spray and splashed a few dots here and there. 


I then inked and distressed my matt pieces. I scored my paper to give it the corrugated effect. 


Distressed my photo matt to give a bit of a texture look. 



I then began to cluster my stickers behind my photo. To maximize my embellishments I cut them in half.


I like to have embellishments poke out of the sides of my picture. 



-------- 

Here are some of my other layouts created with this fabulous kit. 






--------------------

Here's the January Creative Kit:


For full descriptions of our kits, subscription information, and more, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Love this tutorial, Thank you for your work!!!