Sunday, November 30, 2014

Photo Collage Tutorial by Guest Designer Elisa Delora

Guest Designer Elisa Delora is featuring our November Main Kit today with instructions for creating a printable photo collage to use on your layouts!

--------------------

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share a few things I've learned to make my scrappy life easier. If you know these little tricks, you know what I mean. I've not really gotten on board with Project Life yet- I did write yet- as I haven't been able to take the time to streamline the process enough to get started. I have started scrapping some PL inspired grids lately and I do love the effect. What I also love from Project Life is the simplicity in scrapping a few smaller photos, with small journalling cards and a few embellishments- an amazing way to tell a story. One of next year's resolutions is to incorporate more grids an PL type elements into my scrapping.

One of the things I really love about Project Life is the smaller photos (more of them!) to tell a story. Sometimes it's so hard to choose the best photo of a same event. Why choose? Sometimes, they all have a little something!

My tutorial is all about how to print smaller photos on a single 4x6 photo. It's clean, no fussing, no cutting. The photos are seamless as they have been placed in the grid before printing... And they obviously can be cut for placement...

Here is how:

I downloaded the free photo editing software Picmonkey. You choose collage in the tools over the picture, just to the right of the monkey.


As directed, I imported 3 photos I had previously changed to Black & White with the regular editing function.


The photo size is ALL WRONG to print a real 4x6 photo, so the size can be modified with the releasing the small padlock under the grid. 


To print a real 4x6 photo with a grid on it, the measurements should be 1800 x 1200, not the initial square 2000 x 2000. You can incorporate either 2 or 3 photos. Just click the "x" over the unwanted photo element to remove it.

Then the photos that were downloaded can be dragged into each square.


Save, print and use on a clean line layout!

This layout was created with the November Main Kit:


Obviously I didn't invent this process. This is what I found works easiest and fastest for a busy scrapper Mom like me, and I just wanted to share!

--------------------

You can see more of Elisa's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the November Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.