Monday, September 22, 2014

Step by Step Layout Tutorial by Nicole Doiron

Nicole Doiron is up today with a step by step layout tutorial featuring our September Main Kit!

--------------------

This month I have decided to share with you step-by-step instructions on how I created my 'Live It Up' layout with the Main kit featuring the lovely My Mind's Eye Jubilee Mint Julep collection.

I chose the "Journey" Fields paper as my background paper.


I added a 11 1/4 x 9 1/2 piece of the striped side of the "Wild" Ampersand Foiled paper.


I fussy cut 7 doilies from the "Beautiful" Doily paper and cut them in half.


I added 2 3D foam square on the back of each doily.


I stuck the doilies along the left edge of my background in a vertical line.


You can see below the added dimension that the 3D foam squares add to each piece.


I then placed a 7 1/2 x 4 piece of peachy side of the "Ride" Bike paper.


Next, I added my mat, cut out of white cardstock, 6 1/2 x 4 1/2.


It was then time to add the picture.
(sorry for the camera flash!)


I took out the gold frame chipboard piece...


And cut the top and bottom edges off (saving the other pieces for another project).


I slipped each piece of the frame behind my picture.
And then added the title, including the word 'Enjoy'
which I fussy cut from the "Journey" Adventure paper.


Here is a close-up of the title


I then added a few of the die-cut elements from the Mixed Bag.




I decided to add another half-doily, this time in the upper right corner
along with a black flag and gold chipboard photo corner that I used as arrows.


Next, I took apart the aqua colored rose and added each piece to my layout
along with a few other die-cut pieces.


I created more flowers using a flower punch, a circle punch for the centers and cardstock.


I added little punched hearts to the back of the scooter.


Then it was time for the finishing touch... the stitching.
I started off by piercing holes using a ruler and a paper piercer along the top edge of each doily.


I then added the stitches with black embroidery floss.


Here is my finished layout, as seen in the DT Gallery.


Hope you like it!

--------------------

You can see more of Nicole's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the September Main Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Totally in love with this layout , thank you !!!