Friday, June 20, 2014

Mixed Media Card Background Tutorial by Guest Designer Marta Lapkowska

Guest Designer Marta Lapkowska is up today to share how she created her mixed media card background featuring our June Limited Edition Kit!

Here's Marta:

>>><<<

Hello everybody. I would love to share with you few tips on how I create my backgrounds. I am the mixed media person which means I love using all sort of mediums to my projects.

I start my background with sticking some paper into the card.


I distressed the edges of the paper background. I cut out some paper shapes for my card composition. I also distressed the edges of paper bits


I used some distressed ink for the paper edges.


I added modelling paste and stencil to the backround.


I covered few places with gelatos.


I added some splashes with sprays.


Dry all the mediums.


>>><<<

Here's the June Limited Edition Kit:

A big thank you to Marta for guest designing with us this month!
Be sure to check out her beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

5 comments:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Marta excellent work on this tutorial, Love it

Giorgia Rossini said...

really a beautiful card!
thanks for the detailed and super clear tutorial!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Awesome, Marta!

Val-Belle said...

Stunning Marta.... Love your cards and your tuts are so easy to follow...

handmadebyhollyanne said...

Really lovely. Love the mix of different mediums