Saturday, June 28, 2014

Flying Banners, Layering, and Titles by Guest Designer Elizabeth Hellum

My Creative Scrapbook guest designer Elizabeth Hellum is back today with a handful of fun techniques featuring our June Main Kit!

Here's Elizabeth:

>>><<<

Hello there friends, Elizabeth here! It's getting warm outside for most of us and today I wanted to share with you a layout I created using the June Main Kit. I thought it would be neat to show you the process of a "flyin" banner. Kinda like this:

Photo: Sabri Deriz Kizil Dreamline.com

You know the type as your laying on the beach and you suddenly look up and see an airplane with a message floating from the back of it? That's kinda how I always envision my banners to be on my layouts.

So today I am going to show you a very easy way to achieve this


See how that's lifted up there, here you can really see it here..


I see beach+airplane+banner every single time and it's really easy to do this. It isn't rocket science & I'm gonna show you how I did it.

First I cut the banner out from the paper and then I flipped it over and tapped the two end sides like this.


That's pretty simple, in fact the entire thing is! I like simple. Remember to only tape the part you are wanting to ensure goes down on to your page. This way the part that isn't tape will be able to sit up on the page. After you adhere the tape to the backsides of the paper then you are ready to stick it to your paper.


Just press down on the tape part and the paper will bend easily to making it as a banner flying. I pulled up the edges a little bit as well for added effects. Then I was ready to complete the rest of the page!

Which turned out quite nicely!


Remember when you think of banners the next time, try this easy step out and I can guarantee you you'll be glad you did!

--------------------

The things I do aren't the latest and greatest, just doing it how I love to do it, simple. That's why I am a simple scrapbooker. I am not knocking those that do those amazing techniques or are out there with their creations but I know me and that means I want to do quick and easy.

Today I wanted to show you my thoughts on layering. It isn't hard at all, and the trend now a days is to cluster elements on your projects. I do that well! It's fun and easy.


We're gonna focus on the right side of my layout, see here


I started with the base yellow polka dots papers (sorry took photo on my phone not the best lighting)


Next I created the tag, cut it out then used the Pounce Wheel on it to create faux stitching.


After that was cut and sewn, I added the ribbon to the tag and then adhered to page. When that was completed, I added the cut elements of ice cream cones along with the sticker which I backed with pop dots for added dimension.


Once that was all in place, I created my title on to the next layer. I don't like to actually stick the alphas all to the page, so I usually just stick a portion of it down for texture. If they won't stick, I'll use hot glue to keep them that way!


Lastly I add a few more elements to the page, and called it good!


Layering doesn't have to be a long process and for me its quick every single time!

--------------------

As you know, I like to make cute layouts but they have to be easy and quick! Today I wanted to share with you a quick way to make a title.

Here's the title I'm talkin' about


Sometimes, well most of the time I would rather use computer font for my journaling. This time around I wanted to make a title using computer font. It gives it that extra clean look, rather than my messy handwriting!

It's simple. I just opened up Word using a new document and made the layout in landscape so it could go across my page. I entered down to where I wanted the placement of the title


Then I wrote in several different fonts and sizes. Then I went to town creating!


And the completed look & layout!


Sometimes using fonts as our title work is fun, give it a go!

>>><<<

Be sure to check out Elizabeth's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the June Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

2 comments:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Love this... Awesome ideas

Unknown said...

Your all process of a flying banners is very good.Your all design of banner is latest and greatest.Thanks