Thursday, May 22, 2014

How to Make a Banner from Punched Circles by Guest Designer Ginger Williams

My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer Ginger Williams is up today with a fun banner tutorial featuring our May Creative Kit!

Here's Ginger:

>>><<<

Hi everyone! Ginger Williams here today. I have to admit, I’m a pretty straightforward scrapbooker and I don’t do many techniques, so my tutorial is pretty simple, but I love the way it adds subtle texture and interest to the banner concept.


For the banner on my “They Are My Everything” layout I used lots of punched circles in two different sizes. I punched my large circles at 1 ¼” and my smaller circles at 1”. I folded my large circles in half and secured them closed with glue dots. Then I folded my smaller circles over my larger circles and secured them with glue dots as well.




I arranged them into a swag shape and again used glue dots to secure each piece of my banner down to my page. I love how such a simple technique can add so much extra “punch” to a page.



>>><<<

Be sure to see Ginger's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

Here's the Creative Kit:

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

2 comments:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Ginger I am a huge fan of your work, love the tutorial

Unknown said...

Great tutorial! Love your layout!