Monday, November 25, 2013

How to Change Letter Sticker Color by Joan Bronson

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Joan Bronson is up today with a tutorial featuring our November Creative Kit!

Here's Joan:

>>><<<

I absolutely love the November Creative kit from My Creative Scrapbook. The kit includes some chalk board style frames that I wanted to use. For my First Communion layout I wanted to use a frame for my title but my letters were black. I was temped to grab some spare white letters in my stash (you probably are too). Although the white letters would work I stuck with my kit and decided to use the letters I had. In the end I am so happy I did - I couldn't be more please with the look I achieved.


I gathered the letters from the kit, Gesso, a paint brush, and the packaging from the stickers in the kit. I stuck the letters I was going to use on the packaging and dabbed the Gesso on them until I felt they were well covered. By dabbing the paint on I could still see some black showing through.


Once the letters were dry I removed from from the packaging and added them to my layout - so cool!


Looking back, my tip would be to use a crafting mat rather than the packaging like I did. The letters stuck to the plastic more than I had anticipated and they were hard to remove. I peeled most of the sticky backing off of them and tore one letter in the process. I had to add adhesive to the letters to use them. Luckily, I didn't have to redo all the letters! I'm so thrilled I stuck with my kit and didn't reach for my white letters- my finished product turned out so much cooler and it really wasn't that much more work. I hope you'll give it a try sometime too.

>>><<<

Be sure to take a look at Joan's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

1 comment:

Elaine coustley said...

Great hint on changing the colour of letters. x