Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Step by Step Layout Tutorial and Chipboard Altering Tips by Angel Rodrigue

My Creative Scrapbook design team member Angel Rodrigue is up today with a step by step layout tutorial plus some chipboard altering tips featuring our October Main kit!


Below is the steps I took into making the layout posted above..

 My Creative Scrapbook Main Kit this month include the Bo Bunny Avenue Line!!!
Here I picked this pattern paper inked the edges with Prima fluid chalk ink and did a little zig zag stitching with black thread using my sewing machine as shown in the picture. I wanted it to pop so I trimmed the pattern paper just enough so that it lets the black Cardstock peek through from behind..Then I cut the top and bottom of the huge doily that was in the kit in half and adhered it to each side of the page as shown below..

 Next choosing another pattern paper I made a photo matt and stitched around it using black thread with my sewing machine inked the edges with the same ink and adhered it in the center of the doily making sure that the doily peeks out on each side evenly.
 Using black cardstock I cut a piece long than the matt to make a banner and used prima chalk ink around the edges. then i centered it on top of the photo matt.
 I chose another pattern paper to make a slightly smaller banner and stitched it down the center with the same thread and zig zag stitch as above.Adhered it to the center of the black banner.
 Again I made another small banner and adhered it to the edge of the last banner as shown below.
 Using a mini doily (from my stash) I cut it in have and centered it on each side of the banner.
   NOTE: You can get these mini doilys at your local grocery stores in the cake department or  craft stores.
 Using the journal piece that came in the kit I cut it in half and added it on both sides of the banner towards the bottom.
 I used the sticker label that came with the collection and added ribbon to the back then used it as my title.
 Next I added a banner across the top and bottom using the pattern paper in the collection .
 Next I used some Liquid Pearls to outline the banners and the banner.
And there you have it the making of a Layout. Easy Peasy....

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is how I used the Chipboard pieces that Came in the October Main Kit over at My Creative Scrapbook!

I used my Prima Fluid Chalk Ink and colored the whole piece.
 After I used my star dust Stickles and filled on the larger piece leaving the smaller piece just colored..
Then I appled wet glue behind it and used the as the center of my page showcasing my photo.

Very Fun and easy to do . Makes your chipboard come to life.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to take a look at Angel's beautiful work in our Design Team Gallery!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: