Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Inking and Distressing by Kristin Greenwood

We have some inking and distressing tips along with some September Main kit inspiration today from My Creative Scrapbook design team member Kristin Greenwood!

Here's Kristin:

My favorite technique in scrapbooking is inking and distressing.  I just love the look and the dimension it gives to my projects (plus it makes me feel like its okay to use all the pretty paper for my boy when I do it)!

Here are a few tool that you can use to distress.
 
 
All scrappers have scissors, you can use the edge of the blade (you might have to work harder with the scissors to get a heavy distress look and you are more likely to tear your paper, but with practice your scissor can be a great distress tool).  The Close To My Heart distress tool (other brands carry similar tools)  is great for smaller embellishments (like stickers and die cuts).   The Prima tool is the one I use the most. I find it is the most comfortable to hold and control.

There are a few different ways that I ink and/or distress my paper...

One way is just distress the edges of my paper, no inking.
 
 
Another is to ink the edges of your paper first,
 
 
than distress the edges.
 

The last way is to ink the edges of your paper, distress and ink again.
 
 
The side on the left is ink and distress.  The side on the right is ink, distress, ink.


Kristin Greenwood
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team Member

------------------------------

Here's our September Main kit:

(Click here to purchase our Main kit)

Have a look at the beautiful layouts that Kristin created using the kit:







Be sure to visit Kristin's blog for even more inspiration!

We invite you to join us and experience the possibilities that our coordinated monthly kits offer. To purchase a kit, please visit our website, here.

No comments: