Friday, June 28, 2013

How to Change Flower Color by Kris Berc

To view or purchase our kits, click here.
For our sketch challenge (deadline: July 14), click here.

Hello and happy Friday! It's Kris Berc here today to share how I altered the color of the flowers that come in our June Creative kit.


When I sat down to create this layout, I pulled the red, pink, and green papers and embellishments from the kit to coordinate with the colors in my daughter's swimsuit.


I wanted to cluster several of these pretty Petaloo flowers around the photos, but their yellow color didn't go with the scheme that I had chosen.


So I applied a few coats of Gesso to turn them all white, letting them dry in between coats.


I then painted some of them with pink acrylic paint.
While I was at it, I painted the "Summer" chipboard title, too.


I sprayed others with pink mist- I did have to apply several coats of the mist to obtain ample coverage, and allow drying time in between, but the heat tool helped to speed up the process.


I also left some of the flowers white, and ended up with a pretty mix of coordinating flowers for my layout.


Kris Berc
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

Here's our June Creative kit:


and another layout that I made with this kit:


I also had the pleasure of designing with our Main kit this month:


Here are a couple of the layouts that I made with it:



Here is our gorgeous June Limited Edition kit:


and a couple of my layouts:



If you have been thinking of subscribing, now would be a terrific time to join! The July kits are just around the corner, and they are really beautiful!  And with Summer CHA coming up in just a few short weeks... there will be so many new exciting things arriving here!

We invite you to join us and experience all that My Creative Scrapbook has to offer. To purchase our kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: