Sunday, April 21, 2013

Turning Paper into a Great Embellishment by Jamie Harder

Hello MCS friends! Today My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Jamie Harder is sharing a fun embellishment-making tutorial featuring our April Creative kit.

Here's Jamie:

I just loved the fun birthday party paper in this month's Creative Kit. I had a photo of my daughter holding balloons so I wanted to compliment that on my page.

First, I cut a balloon out from the patterned paper. Next, I tied some ribbon around it. But I wanted my balloon to look even more authentic. I decided to give it a bit of shine.

Here is how I did it:


1. Using a versamark ink pad, take the pad and dab the balloon so it is covered in the sticky ink.


2. Now, pour clear embossing powder all over the balloon. Don't worry about excess, you can pour this back into the container after.


3. You are ready to use an embossing gun to heat the powder. I then repeated these steps three times over to give it a nice think coat.


4. I love the shine this gives to my balloon! I used dimension dots to add it to my page. I hope you enjoyed this fun way to turn paper into a great embellishment!

 Jamie Harder
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

Here's the April Creative kit that Jamie used:


and here are Jamie's beautiful layouts!




My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: