Saturday, April 20, 2013

Flower Altering Tutorial by Guest Designer Nicole Doiron

We hope you're ready for a day full of awesome tutorials because My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer Nicole Doiron has exactly that for you today featuring our April Limited Edition kit.

Let's get started with her tutorial for altering the color and texture of flowers!

Here's Nicole:

My #1 embellishment to use on any crafty project is flowers! There can never be enough flowers on any layout or card I create. The April Limited Edition kit is full of gorgeous blooms and I was able to make more by using already available flowers and modifying them a little. Here are a few tricks on how i created a few flowers off my layouts.


I wanted a big pink flower to pop out of my B'Day Girls layout. I took the big Prima bloom, some gesso, embossing paste as well as mists and inks and went to work on it.


I started by covering it with gesso,


followed by embossing paste,


and then a mixture of different Glimmer Mists shades.


To achieve the color I wanted, I decided to add some Distress ink. I then sprayed on some more Glimmer Mists until I got the desired shade.


I then decided to do the same for the center of another bloom to match the first one.



Nicole Doiron
My Creative Scrapbook Guest Designer

------------------------------

Here's our April Limited Edition kit that Nicole used:


and here's her layout:


Be sure to stop by again in a bit for another tutorial from Nicole!

My Creative Scrapbook kit club is all about you and helping you preserve your memories in a fun and creative way. For information about subscribing to any of our monthly kits, please visit our website, here.

No comments: