Sunday, March 10, 2013

Step by Step Mixed Media Vintage Box Tutorial by Marilyn Rivera

My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Marilyn Rivera is with us today to share how she made her gorgeous vintage box featuring our February Mixed Media Kit! In case you missed her first mixed media project with this kit, you can click HERE to view it (and her tutorial for it).

Here's Marilyn...

Hello! February is the month of Love and chocolates, right? And I will show you how I change an empty box of chocolates into a pretty vintage box... with the February Mixed Media Kit.


Here's how I did it....


First, I used the 7 Gypsies product packaging (shadow box and Journal tags) to cover my box.


I traced with a pencil around the box top on the product packaging.


Then cut and glue it.


Measure the sides of the box or trace them onto the product packaging and cut them.


Glue them...


It should look like this...


Now, put masking tape on all the borders of the box.


Continue around the box.


Then apply distress ink on all the masking tape borders. I used the "Vintage photo" color.


Then measure or trace the inside of the box on cardstock and cut the patterns and stamp them.


Glue all the inside borders


And next, cover the rest...


It should look like this...


Select your favorite embellishments from the Mixed Media Kit. I used the Melissa Frances frame, the 7Gypsies Charms and Journal tags, the roses, key, the lace, ribbon and more embellishments from this beautiful kit...


Some masking...this mask is from a previous mixed media kit.


Now decorate the top of your box.


The final result...


The sides of the box looks like this...very vintage, I love the result!


I hope this inspires you! So go and recycle your chocolate box and if you still don't have this Mixed Media kit... Hurry, go... HERE

Until next time!!!
Marilyn

------------------------------

Marilyn Rivera
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

------------------------------

Please visit our Design Team Gallery for more layouts, cards, and projects from our designers!

We invite you to join us and experience all of the fun and excitement that we have coming for 2013.  Click here to find the My Creative Scrapbook kits.
  


No comments: