Thursday, March 21, 2013

Getting a Cutting Machine Look without a Cutting Machine by Jamie Harder

Want the look achieved by using the negative of a machine-cut image, but don't have a cutting machine?

My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member Jamie Harder is here to show us her clever technique for achieving that look featuring our March Creative kit!

Here's Jamie...

Lately I have been admiring so many creative layouts that use a Silhouette - I especially love using the negative of what the machine cuts out. But if you are like me and can't afford one...here is a fun way to get the "look" even if don't have a cutting machine.


Step One:
Gather up your supplies: I used cardstock, a tag and a heart stencil (if you don't have a stencil - try tracing a sticker or chipboard piece).


Step Two:
Trace your heart onto the tag.


Step Three:
Cut the heart out carefully. Layer the cardstock behind the tag so the pattern shows only on the cut out heart part of the tag.


Simple, right? A quick way to add a fun little something to your pages!

Jamie Harder
My Creative Scrapbook Design Team member

----------------------------------------

Check out more of Jamie's work featuring our March Creative kit:



We invite you to join us and experience all of the fun and excitement that we have coming for 2013.  Click here to find the My Creative Scrapbook kits.

No comments: