Monday, January 7, 2013

Introduing a New DT Member and a Few GDT for January's Reveal...

First off, can you believe it's January 2013. WoW! 2012 is just a blur for at this point. Ok, on to these awesomely talented ladies that joined us this month. You will be so inspired by their beautiful projects.

Please help us welcome Sandie Edwards to our Deign Team full time. She has a beautiful style and such a sweet spirit. She will keep your creative juices flowing and inspire you each and every month. Take a moment to visit Sandie's blog... here


Hello!  I’m Sandie and reside in Geraldton, Western Australia with my partner John who works in the mining industry (FIFO), along with our son, Jesse who turns 3 in March, 2013.  We are older parents (44 and 52), and also have grown up children, as well as Grandchildren.  I am currently a stay at home Mother, with my previous employment being law enforcement. 
Creativity has been part of 'life' for as long as I can remember.  It has been an amazing journey and one that has continually evolved.  My scrapbooking journey started in 2010, seeking to create memories for my children, and document ‘life’ for future generations.
My creative motto is to continually push boundaries and comfort zones, to share, create, be an inspiration to others, and of course create everlasting memories. My creative style is not set in stone, though I tend to lean heavily towards, vintage and shabby chic.  I am looking forwards to sharing my creative ventures with everyone in 2013 with My Creative Scrapbook.

Now I'd like to share the ladies that joined us for January as Guest Designers...Prepare to be awed and inspired by these talented women!

Becky Litz

My name is Becky Litz. My family and I live in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains in a small town called Cranbrook BC. My hunny Trevor and I (no ring yet, lol) have two children, Olivia is 9 and Sullivan is 1. I have been scrapbooking for about 10 years, since I was pregnant with my daughter. In the past 10 years I have both worked at, and owned a scrapbook store so I have a lot of product and technique knowledge as well as teaching/designing experience. I post regularly on my blog and online galleries at Two Peas, A Cherry on Top and Splitcoast. I have had my work published in Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine 3 times and been recognized and featured on blogs such as Unity Stamps, Paper Smooches, and My Minds Eye.

Susan Stringfellow

My Name is Susan Stringfellow. I live near Houston with my husband, one of our boys, and 3 very spoiled kitties. My 3 boys are 19, 22, and 24 years old, and they have become accustomed to the never ending barrage of photos.  I have been designing in this industry since 2002. I not too proud to admit that I am hopelessly addicted to patterned paper, and for some reason I must stitch on every layout. My style has changed dramatically as trends have changed and I am always looking for fun new things to try. 

Kristin Greenwood

My name is Kristin, I have been with my very supportive husband for 14 years.  Together we have a near perfect five year old boy, that is my inspiration for most of my projects!  When I am not homeschooling (we just started kindergarten this year), cleaning, or playing cars, you can find me either in my scrap room creating or teaching scrapbook classes at my LSS!
I have been scrappin for about six years (since my son was born). I am not very consistent about scrapping the big events, I am more of an everyday photo scrapper...a random trip to the park, a walk downtown, or in splashing in puddles!  I would say that my style is very grungy!  I love to layer, ink, distress, paint, and mist!  I enjoy making layouts and altering items (boxes, canvas, frames), but I have a passion for mini album!  I love that I can fit some many photos in such a small space! 
I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be a guest designer for this month!!  I hope I can provide everyone with a little inspiration!

Nicole Doiron

My name is Nicole, I am in my very late 30's (I am hanging on to dear life!), I have a very uninspiring office job, and I live in a small coastal town in Atlantic Canada with my soulmate Yves and our feline baby, Sugar.  After having admired their beautiful kits for many months, I am over the moon EXCITED to be a Guest Designer this month for My Creative Scrapbook.

I have always been a very creative person (writing poetry, drawing, painting), but I have to say that ever since I started scrapbooking in 2005, I have seen my creativity soar and reach new levels.  I feel so much enjoyment and satisfaction when scrapbooking that I only wish I could do it all the time.   I cannot say that I have a specific style, only that it is very versatile and adapts itself constantly to my moods and inspirations.  One layout may be fun and colorful, while another may turn out shabby chic and elegant.  I tend to use a LOT of embellishments - the more, the better! - and I love trying out new techniques with inks, gesso, paint, glitter, etc...

I'm fairly new to the virtual world of scrapbooking.   I've just started my own crafty blog (http://www.scrap-utopia.blogspot.ca/) in January of 2011.  I enjoy finding inspiration from all the different blogs and DTs out there, and My Creative Scrapbook has been an important source of inspiration ever since I first discovered it.  I am always in total admiration when I see the beautiful creations the talented DT does with each new kit!  What a wonderful surprise and a real honour it was to be asked to guest design for such a wonderful team.  Needless to say, I didn't hesitate one second before saying YES!

1 comment:

Ella Swan said...

Loved reading about everyone! And to Sandie, a huge welcome to a hugely talented friend!!