Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paper Pieced Embellishments with Izzy Anderson

Today Design Team member Izzy Anderson is sharing how she paper pieced pumpkins to make her own embellishments!

Here's Izzy...

Posted Image

I don't have a die-cut machine, so I made the pumpkins the old-fashioned way with paper, pencil and scissors :)

I made a rough sketch of the two pumpkins - one fat, one tall - on kraft paper, then cut them out and used them as a template on patterned paper.

Posted Image

Once I had the size and shape that I liked, I backed each pumpkin with cardstock and inked the edges.

I also added stitching for a decorative touch. If you don't have a sewing machine, you could use a pen to make faux stitches.

After stitching, I added stickers, buttons and a stem to embellish the pumpkins.

No comments: