Thursday, October 11, 2012

Creating a Brickwork Effect with Lou Collins

Today we have a wonderful tutorial for creating brickwork from design team member Lou Collins.

Here's Lou...

Here's how I created the brickwork effect on my "Your Beautiful Smile" layout...

Firstly I lightly spritzed a cream section of the Parkdrive "Park Views" sheet of paper from the LE kit with a brown glimmermist. I then cut 1/2" strips into it.

Next I cut these strips into pieces approx 1" long. The more varied the lengths the most realistic it looks.

I then used a small pair of scissors to round off the corners of each 'brick' and to roughen up the edges. I cut out small chuncks from some to make them look old.

Lastly, I inked the edges of each brick with a foam applicator and brown distress ink. This helps the bricks stand out and look dimmensional.

When placing them on my page, I used foam pads to raise them up, for even more depth.

2 comments:

Cathy C said...

Gorgeous Lou!

Sandra said...

Thanks so much for sharing this technique, it looks amazing.