Friday, June 15, 2012

Liquid Applique, Lace, Punchwork, and Mist with Romy

Hello everyone!  We have some treats for you today, as design team member Romy Veul is sharing several wonderful techniques.

Here's Romy...

On two of my layouts (Playing and Awesome cute beautiful girl) I added some texture using liquid applique.  I'll show you how I did it.


I used a mask as a template to apply Liquid Applique to my layout.  I used a chickenwire mask, but any other mask will work too!  I usually add a thick layer of Liquid Applique to my sponge to apply it to my page.


Then heat it with your heat gun.  The longer you heat it, the more the pattern will 'puff'.
------------------------------

To add an extra layer of texture to my layout 'Playing' I used the gorgeous lace that is part of the main kit.


I simply cut pieces of lace and adhered them to my layout with tacky glue.  It was a lot of work to get them all in the perfect sizes, but in the end all the pieces made a perfect square.


You can cut away the inner square to save some paper for another layout.  I added a layer with punched edges on top of the lacing:

------------------------------

On this layout I used double punchwork to create some extra dimension.


 I simply punched a couple of strips of paper in different sizes and adhered them behind a square with punched edges, to create this layered punchwork look.
------------------------------

The white flowers in the main kit are perfect for altering.  You can use glimmer mist, paint, glitter etc. to decorate them in the desired way.

 
To add a little extra to the flowers on this layout, I sprinkled some glimmer mist on the flowers.

No comments: