Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ribbon Flowers, Rub-on Embellishing, and Gesso Stamping with Romy

Good day My Creative Scrapbook friends!  We're back to share more fantastic tips and techniques to use on your projects, this time with design team member Romy.

First, check out Romy's creative use of the rose ribbon in the May kit!
Here's Romy...

The rose ribbon in the main kit is so beautiful.  But you can do more with the ribbon than just use it the way it is.  

For example, I created these flowers with it.  On this layout, I used five roses to make my flowers, but you can use as many as you like.

Cut the lace, which is the backdrop of the roses, away.  Try to not cut in the grey balls on the backside, cause these hold the white pearls in the roses.

Cut the roses away and position them in the desired way.

Stitch the roses together.

This will be the final result. 

Next, Romy shares some fabulous techniques for enhancing the May kit rub-ons.

You can use rub-ons both for some added details to your pages and as an embellishment.  I thought this birdcage was so pretty, so I wanted to give it a prominent place on my layout.

1. I first rubbed this rub-on onto a piece of white cardstock and cut along the edges.
2. Then I adhered the birdcage to my layout with foam tape to make it pop a bit more.
3. For some finishing touches the birdcage was decorated with liquid pearls and glitter glue.

Lastly, Romy shows us a quick, fun technique for adding detail with gesso.

To add a little detail to this layout, I simply dipped a pen in some gesso and "stamped" with it on my layout.

 That is how I made the white dots on this page.

That's it for today!  We hope you'll give Romy's techniques a try.

By the way... if you haven't already done so, you might want to take out your calendar, and put a great big MCS on there on June 5th, so that you don't miss the start of our wonderful June contest!

No comments: