Friday, January 20, 2012

How did I do that..Romy Altered Gift Box

I thought I'd share with you how I made this gift box with the LE kit:
Posted Image

I started off with this box:
Posted Image

I first took the pink bloomers and stitched a few of them together:
Posted ImagePosted Image

I adhered the bloomers and two of the Prima flowers to the box top:
Posted Image

I then added the butterfly, a fussy cut star and a pink flower to it as well. To make sure things won't fall off the box for a while, I used my tacky glue to adhere the embellishments.
(I'll show you in the post below how I made the pink flower.)
Posted Image

I also added pink bling to the sides of the box top. I simply cut a few strings from the Webster's bling that is included in the kit.

Posted Image

After the box top was all finished, I started decorating the box itself. It had originally written a brand on it, so I decided to cover that up. I added a small strip of paper on top of it:
Posted Image

And finished it off with a few more strips of paper, a bow, a jewel and liquid pearls, as you can see on the photo below:
Posted Image

As a finishing touch I accentuated a few details with glitter glue and liquid pearls. This is the final result:
Posted Image
Love,
Romy

1 comment:

phamil said...

Romy, I just love your box! It's beautiful and I really love how you did those bloomers to make a bloom!!! Really creative!