Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How did I do that...Altering Die cuts by Romy

I loved the die-cuts in the main kit this month, especially since you can turn them into chipboard pieces very easily too! I'll show you in a short tutorial how I turned this tea can into a dimensional chipboard embellishment.

I used the box my kit came in as the chipboard layer behind the tea can. I simply attached the die-cut to the cardboard using tacky tape and then started cutting it out.
Posted Image

Then the tea can looked like this:
Posted Image

After that I sanded the edges to make sure the cardboard wouldn't peek out behind the die-cut.
Posted Image

And in the end I inked the edges using Colorbox 'Chestnut' ink.
Posted Image

This is how the tea can looked on my layout '100% Pure Honey'. As you can see I also decorated it with some liquid pearls for a perfect finishing touch.
Posted Image
Love,
Romy

No comments: