Friday, September 30, 2011

How did I do that ..Jolain mistables die cuts tutorial

Another fun addition to the LE kit this month is the mistable die cuts. These are great because you can color them any color you want to coordinate with your project. You don't have to limit yourself to spray the whole die cut shape one color, here's a quick tip on adding multiple shades to one die cut...

I colored the rose die cut using Glimmer Mist in Olive Vine and Candy Apple Red.

Posted Image

Instead of using the spray nozzle, I used a small paint brush which I dipped directly into the bottle to color the rose petals.

Posted Image

I repeated the same step, this time with Olive Vine to color the leaves.

Posted Image

After drying, I inked the edges with a brown ink for definition. Love the deep color and glimmer I got after using Glimmer Mist as a paint!
Posted Image

Now here's the die cut on my page...

Posted Image

Hope you give this a try! Can't wait to see how you all alter your Mistable die cuts!
Posted Image

No comments: