Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gabrielle's Twenty Answers

If you'll recall, we've asked each member of our illustrious design team to answer a series of 20 questions. In the last installment we learned that Robbie should've been a contestant on Rock of Love considering her questionable taste in men and her "talent".

We continue our series with Gabrielle Pollacco, My Creative Scrapbook's resident Prima junkie.

1. What is your stupid human trick?

I do the monkey feet thing rather than bending down and picking up dirty laundry, tissues, etc. off the floors. I use my toes to pick them up! Can you tell I'm bare-foot a lot?

2. Most embarrassing moment?

It was probably when I congratulated an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time on being pregnant. Deadpanned, she looked at me and said, "I'm not pregnant." I nearly died! I started blubbering about how awful I've felt when people have said that to me and apologized profusely. Eventually, she took pity on me and admitted that she was, in fact, 7 months preggers!

3. Proudest moment?

I know it's sappy, but giving birth to my two girls. Any other moment pales in comparison.

4. Nick name or hubby's pet name for you?

Sweet Ride. HeeHee, I know TMI!! (Wow... you ain't a kiddin') But he also calls me Potser, Woodhead, Wingnut... **sigh** ...you'd think I was dumb! And worst of all, you'd think I talked too much!!

5. Worst crime of fashion?

Being over 40 and still wearing leggings. They're comfortable, what can I say?!

6. Favorite song?

I like cheerful music and my favorite changes constantly. But I'd say at the top of my list right now is Black Eyed Peas 'I Got A Feelin'. It's a great summer fun song. I also like Jason Mraz's, 'I'm Yours'.

7. Favorite movie?

The Notebook

8. Celebrity crush?

I usually say John Cusack but since Liz already named him, I'll go with Jason Statham.

9. Guilty pleasure?

The Canadian Girls will know what I mean by this one... Tim Horton's Ice Capp. I understand they're LOADED with calories! I love them in summer and winter!

10. Elvis oil painting on velvet, pink lawn flamingo or garden gnomes?

Pink Flamingo. Garden gnomes scare me... kinda like clowns!

11. Bad habits?

I'm bad at taking compliments. If someone says something nice to me I have a habit of immediately running myself down somehow. Like... 'You have a nice smile'. Me... 'Oh no! My bottom teeth are crooked!' LOL!

12. Dream vacation?

It would be somewhere tropical and expensive, like Belize, at one of those exclusive private resorts. Well you did say dream vacation! I had to pick something I can't normally afford.

13. Favorite color and why?

When scrapping I would say it's probably green. Although lately I really like smokey grey. It goes with almost any other color as contrast.

14. What are three non-scrap related items you can't live without?

TV (is that a bad thing?), my computer, and my 'rain' sound machine. DH sometimes snores and I'm a light sleeper.

15. If you had a super power, what would it be?

The ability to be in two places at once. I feel as though there's just not enough time in the day.

16. If your life were turned into a movie, who would play you?

Sandra Bullock. She's kinda quirky and funny like me and I think she's got a German background like I do too.

17. What genre would the movie be?

Comedy

18. What's the best advice you've ever been given?

To try to find the humor in things. Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.

19. Biggest pet peeve?

Tweeting! It's way too self absorbed! Isn't it enough that we all post blogs about our more interesting activities? Do we now have to share what we ate for supper, where we're shopping at the moment or that we just flossed 97 our teeth? Jeepers! LOL! Don't get me started!

20. Share something interesting about yourself that most people don't know.

I love anything with ginger in it. I'll eat pickled ginger (the shaved pink ginger you find with sushi) by the jarful as a snack. Love it in most of my cooking. I've even chopped up fresh ginger and put it in my chocolate ice cream. Not sure one would consider this interesting, but there you have it.

24 comments:

Romy said...

It was so much fun to get to know you a little better. Love that Prima picture:)

Karin said...

You are the Prima Princess, after all, and the picture just proves it!!!! Oh my gosh..I can't stand tweeting, either! I am with you on that one...Facebook even drives me nutso!!!! Loved getting to know more about my fave scrapper!!! Hugs!!!!!

Robbie said...

LOL! Love the picture Gabi!! I am so with you on the tweeting. I just don't even get that! Ok... the nickname is cracking me up! LOL! Such fun to hear about everyone on these questionaires. Now... we just have to start planning for when it's Julie's turn!

phamil said...

LOL!!!! This was definitely interesting! We have a lot in common, that is until you got to the ginger! I can't stand it!!!! Don't like tweeting, don't take compliments well either!!!! And I'm barefoot almost all the time! And when I do wear shoes to go somewhere as soon as I'm in the car they're off again!!! LOL!

Jackie Anderson said...

So Sweet Ride, can anyone call you that or just DH? LMAO! Loved getting to know you better. I so agree with you about humor, the color green, Prima (of course) and would love to meet you in Belize in my dreams! Love the photo! Happy birthday late.

Diana Joy said...

Fun to get to know you better...Love that picture: perfect set up. We have traits in common; you and I. Thanks for sharing yourself.

Carmen said...

Fun getting to know you a bit better. Had to laugh about the monkey thing...my son pinches people with his toes. I don't take compliments well either...although I love to give them. As for tweeting--no thanks! Love the best advice answer...I would also say to always give people the benefit of the doubt and assume the best. Anyway, sweet ride...gotta jet. Thanks for sharing! ;P

Jolanda said...

like your work..like your answers...;))
Have a fantastic new week,hope there is more time ;)
Love,Jolanda

Scrapthat said...

A great read Gabi!!
Your Guilty pleasure of Ice Capp....I'm sure you are not alone there girl!!
A real Canadian scrapper gal! :) TFS!

Sue said...

Oh wow...... I LOVE that picture!!!! You are so beautiful and so is your hair! (This could be a hair care product ad for some florally scented shampoo!!! hehehe!!)
About your favorite guilty pleasure: "The Canadian Girls will know what I mean by this one... Tim Horton's Ice Capp. I understand they're LOADED with calories! I love them in summer and winter!" sigh.... sounds yummy, but us US girls don't know what you're talking about!!

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScrappingHappy said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE THE NOTEBOOK I WANT A LOVE THAT WILL LAST FOREVER NOW AN ICECAPP SEND IT TO THE BRONX BABY ILL TELL YOU IF U SHOULD FEEL GUILTY LOLOL ALSO LOVE THE MUSIC ON THE BLOG RELAXING KISSES XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I loved your answers to all those questions. I really liked the photo with all the primas. You have to be one of my favorite scrappers. Your work is beautiful. Keep making tutorials. I love them and love trying all that you do.
anallanes@bellsouth.net

zandra said...

I do that thing with my feet, too? Now I can call it my monkey feet! lol Love getting to know you, too!
Hugz, Z

zandra said...

I forgot to answer the question, Tim Horton's Ice Capp. ;o)
Hugz, Z

Valerie said...

Tim Horton's Ice Capps. I have never had one but will check them out now.

Valerie

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love your best advice .. so true and I need to remember to do that often. Don't know how your Ice capp but I love my Starbucks frapp!

Starr said...

Wow! I have so much fun looking at your creations. I always look forward to your tips and techniques you do such an amazing job. The tip about inking the clear pearls is such a great idea and the bendable ruler, cool beans.
Okay thanks again and enjoy those Horton's Ice Caps.

Amy Baker said...

Thank you for letting us get to know you better. Love the picture! I too, cannot live without my rain machine. I have to take it every where we go. O.K., Tim Horton's Ice Cap is your guilty pleasure. Never seen it in the states but I am sure it is worth every tiny calorie. (If you can't see a calorie, they don't really exist do they?)

Diane said...

Love your sense if humor. I agree humor gets us through the tough spots. Monkey toes are great at keeping your legs strong and looking good in leggings{something our husband's appreciate}. Tim Horton's Ice Capp sounds good for summer, but I'm strickly a diet soda junkie! I love your elegant creative l/o's. I look forward every month to seeing what you come up with. Diane :}

A.Byers said...

I absolutely love all of your work! It is all gorgeous.. every page a piece of art!! I guess it is the caffiene from all those iced capps that keeps you going huh?? lol...

faye said...

Gabi, I am crazy about your blog. love the comments you posted, it lets
me know there is a little crazy in all of us. Keep up with the fantastic work you do.

















































lets

Unknown said...

replica bags from turkey you can find out more t7j89b6f37 replica bags on amazon investigate this site z7e38a9s48 replica bags buy online replica bags india i thought about this b8d95z9f06 buy replica bags replica bags toronto

titool said...

i8h80k2a46 j0z72z2y48 y7a93x1q52 s9k06y2x70 e4h09i8o88 m7j04r9e47