Friday, September 20, 2024

Maree creates with the My Creative Scrapbook Main kit for September

 Hi My Creative friends,


Maree here, up on the blog today to share a layout using the gorgeous September Main kit.  I just loved this months kit, such beautiful bright colors! The base of this layout starts with the fabulous stripe paper from 49 and Market. I think the distressing on it looks so awesome.

Next I layered on top of that the bold colored stripe from Vicki Boutin. Once adhered down I chose to stitch around the border in heavy black thread and across the main color stripes to add definition. I used a standard sized 6 x 4 picture for this layout. Something I don't do too often.  I matted it on the teal paper and then layered a few of the ephemera pieces behind it. I then layered up some of the word phrases, popped up on foam dots and added twine to the tag. I also love the little camera icon from the Shimelle collection.




I chose the title 'So freaking happy' and added the curly brackets either side to make it stand out. I added some simple journaling and finished the layout with a small splatter stamp in black ink from my stash. I am really happy with how the layout turned out and feel like this is definitely an easy one to scrap lift, so would love for you to give it a go!

Have an amazing day!
Maree

No comments: