Saturday, July 27, 2024

Vacation with Claire!

Claire Hawkins: July 2024 Main Kit
I love documenting my travels and today I’m using the July Main Kit to document a pool side photo from a recent trip to the Middle East.
 

The beautiful pool patterned paper caught my eye immediately and I knew I wanted to replicate being at the beach.
I cut a square of paper, 9”x9” and tore the bottom edge off, layering the torn piece directly underneath to create the effect of waves – love this! For a bit of extra texture, I lightly distressed the edges and rolled the paper up a little to create more movement.
 

I printed four photos in a circular shape and layered these across the page, raising them on foam to help them stand proud of the background paper.
I punched some smaller 1” circles from the pink patterned paper and layered these under each photo for an extra pop of colour.
 

Then came those fun embellishments! I selected beach themed ephemera, also taking the beach bag from the Chipboard sheet to build into my clusters, along with some tiny circle stickers from the stickers sheet.


 
 
I lay some of the ephemera flat and some on foam, helping it to pop off the page.
 

The Puffy Phrase Stickers in this months kit are so gorgeous! I used the ‘Vacation’ phrase, using the edge of the photo to curve the title, and I really like the effect this brought to the layout. 
 

Next, to help anchor the page, I added a small cluster along the top using the ephemera pieces to layer phrases and icons that create a really summery feel.

 
Once everything was in place, I decided to add one more pop of colour using Nuvo Drops from my stash. Along the top, I opted for pink and yellow, and around my photos, I added blue using these colours to pull out those tones in the layout.

 
This page has been super fun to create and I hope you’ve enjoyed the blog!
Until next month, happy scrapping!!
Claire xx
@Scrappysoulmate

No comments: