Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Adventure with Ali!

Ready for a fun adventure?  I’m Ali, @funadventureswithali, and I’m thrilled to share a scrapbook album I created for the My Creative Scrapbook design team using the vibrant new collection “Where to Next” by Vicki Boutin!

The sunny paper was the perfect choice for the cover, and I couldn’t resist adding some Stickles to make the sun rays sparkle even more. The die-cut package this month included some fantastic big titles that really make the cover pop!



One of my favorite parts is the inside cover, where I used three tags.  I used one to journal about our trip to Louisville and the other two tags have photos on the back, making it a joy to pull them out and reminisce, along with the car keys!  


The heart patterned paper stole my heart!  It was ideal for capturing our photo with the horse mural due to the vibrant colors.  I even cut some extra hearts from the paper and popped them up with foam tape, creating a whimsical flying hearts effect.


The mini frames were perfect for documenting our close-up view of the horse races at Churchill Downs.  My horse was in the lead until the last 3 seconds- what an exciting moment to remember!


I had a blast using the decorative paper to showcase the food tour we enjoyed on my birthday.  I detailed all the delicious foods we sampled, along with the names of the restaurants.  I made flaps so I could add our foodie pics. 








 


The washi tape stickers from this month’s kit were a breeze to use.  I incorporated the sun tape on one page, adding some shades for a cool effect.  The frames worked beautifully for our sunset cruise on the Louisville Belle, and the sailboat paper had me swooning – such a charming design!


 




The star patterned paper was perfect for highlighting our visit to the Louisville Slugger Museum.  I added flaps for more photos and used the included acetate as a border, creating a unique and fun look over the star paper.



 


For the final page of the album, I turned it into a pocket page to include even more pictures from our trip and a journaling card listing all our adventures.  It was a joy to create this album and capture our getaway using Vicki Boutin’s collection.  Make sure to grab your kit in the shop!



 


Here’s to summer getaways and happy travels!


Safe travels, 


Ali 


No comments: