Sunday, February 11, 2024

Favorite Things with Claire using the February Main kit !

 Join us today as we celebrate the designs created by Claire Hawkins using the February Main kit.

Claire Hawkins: February 2024 Main Kit

Hi everyone!

It’s Claire here and I’m delighted to be back with you today sharing a fun layout using the February Main kit.

For this page, I’m using one of the cut files available to subscribers. Here, it’s forming the basis of my layout and is showcasing one of my favorite Christmas Markets we visited in December.

A scrapbook page with different scrapbook designs

Description automatically generated with medium confidence

I chose the gingham patterned paper and the teal text paper to back my Cutfile, alternating the patterns until the wheel was full.

I adhered this to the page with foam to help separate it from the white cardstock.

Saving the inner letters from the cutfile, I added color by brushing them with Distress Oxides (in Broken China and Salvaged Patina) starting at the bottom and lightly brushing the color horizontally until about ¾ up each letter, leaving the tops white. For extra definition, I outlined each letter in black sharpie before adhering again on foam, helping them stand proud from the design.

A close up of a scrapbook

Description automatically generated

Once this was in place, I added my photos underneath the title and began to create some embellishment clusters.

A scrapbook page with a couple of people taking a selfie

Description automatically generated

I used a combination of cardstock ephemera, stickers and chipboard to create each cluster, as mixing materials helps to create extra interest. I raised some on foam whilst adhering others directly to the page, again creating depth and interest. 

A close up of a paper cutout

Description automatically generated

To balance the page, I added one cluster to the top right corner of the cutfile and the other to the left corner of my photos.

A pile of cut out paper

Description automatically generated

To finish the page, I wanted to create a final small cluster, but this time using the words and phrases to echo the fun of the photos. Again, I mixed the materials used - a chipboard phrase, a black sticker from the sticker sheet and a phrase fussy cut from the paper with all the fun winter phrases.

A close up of a paper

Description automatically generated

For a little bit of extra sparkle, I sprinkled a few sequins and that was the page finished!

I really love how this turned out, and to be honest, the Cutfile did most of the work for me! It was a relatively simple shape to back so didn’t take too long and I love the impact it has created. 

There’s a whole library of subscriber cutfiles available so I hope you’ll give them a try! 

Please do share your creations on the My Creative Scrapbook Facebook page – we love to see what you make.


See you next time.

Claire xx

@Scrappysoulmate


No comments: