Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Creating with Marie using the February Main kit

 Hi My Creative Friends,


I'm excited to be on the blog today and share a layout I made using the February Main Kit which features Winter Wonder from Simple Stories and some of the Winter Land and Winter collections from Echo Park. It is a gorgeous kit and I had so much fun creating layouts this month! I love all the cool tones in this kit with the pops of pink. It is so fun!

I decided to make a layout based around the chipboard frames in the kit. I started off with a little stenciling on white card stock in the background to lay a base for the frames. Then I filled a couple of the smaller frames with my pics. This was a layout about my son and I enjoying some hot tub time in the snow after a days skiing.




Next I filled 4 of the largest frames with patterned paper from the kit. Once that was complete I spent some time layering up the frames until it looked visually appealing to me. I knew I was going to use the large chipboard title 'Winter Wonder' so I made sure to include that in my placement.





The hardest part of this layout was getting all the frames and embellishments to sit somewhat flat.  The base layers are stuck to the card stock with adhesive tape runner and then the rest of the layout is mainly held together with foam adhesive squares. Which I doubled together in some spots to make it look balanced. There is tons of dimension to this layout which is hard to see from the images.







The final additions to the layout were the little embellishments from the kit. The sweet chipboard hat was perfect to frame as I was wearing a hat in my picture!  This layout really is a mix of all the collections and they ended up looking so cohesive together. It was a really fun layout to make and something I haven't done before with so many frames. I hope this inspires you to use some of the frames from this month's gorgeous kit.

Happy crafting.

Maree

February Main kit 


Buy a kit to create this at MyCreativeScrapbook.com 
Visit our design team gallery to see all the layouts created with this kit





No comments: