Sunday, January 21, 2024

Documented Story with Claire!

Hi everyone and welcome to my first blog post of 2024!

I’m sharing a layout made with the fabulous January 2024 Main kit. This kit is awesome – it has so many versatile elements that mean you can scrap any story at all!!

I’ve decided to document a story from December, where I spent a few days in the Alps in Switzerland.

 


To echo the colours in the photo, I pulled out the blue/teal papers and ephemera as I wanted to create a calm, monochromatic page.

To start, I prepped some smooth white cardstock with gesso and once dry, added two blue tones of watercolour with a brayer to ‘extend’ the water beyond my photo.

Once that had dried, I added some of the circular stamps in Salvaged Patina and hand drew a few small hearts in black pen.


 

I wanted to create extra depth in my photo, so I printed it twice and layered one on top of the other, raising on foam.


 

 I layered this on top of two vertical strips of paper from the kit, picking out the aqua toned paper and the type font paper to add a little neutral to the page.

For an extra pop of colour, I added a thin strip of the bold blue paper and the black scalloped edge sticker to add some drama. I drew some faux stitching on these strips of paper to pull more of the black into the design.  Then, to embellish!

I took the blue florals and positioned these around the photo in small clusters, adding a few neutral flowers to help balance the page.


 To this, I added some small phrases from the ephemera pack – they were perfect for my photo!

 


As a final touch, I added a blue butterfly to the top of the page and inserted one of the tabs from the ephemera pack to create an extra layer. 

 



This has been such fun to create, and I hope it’s given you some inspiration to get your stories documented.

Claire xx

@Scrappysoulmate


No comments: