Friday, September 16, 2022

Enjoy Today Sketch take with Rebeca!

  Hello!

It's time to reveal the sketch of the month from My Creative Scrapbook! So let's share a layout I made with it and the September Main Kit featuring Jen Hadfield. This is a clean, simple, and beautiful layout that I hope inspires you to craft! Let's take a look and explain how I made this layout, then you can watch me creating it on the process video at the end.


This is the sketch for September. It consists of one photo, a title on the side, three clusters, and a sub-title on top. 



For my layout, I followed the design, but made a few, small changes to adapt it to my photo, which had an empty area on the right side. To cover this space, I flipped the design, and this is the result.

For the title, I used a card from one of the papers, matted it with yellow paper, and stitched a border around it. Then, I added the girl and a phrase die cut. To finish the cluster, I added a few gold pearls from Pinkfresh Studio.


On top of the photo I made another cluster using two tags, one from the papers and another from the die cuts. I opened the hole on the tags and added a piece of hemp cord to give them a finished look. After that, I embellished the area using die cuts and a metallic pearl.



On the left side of the photo, I made another cluster using die cuts and fussy cut butterflies. All of them have foam tape in some strategic area. For example, the butterflies have a tiny piece of foam tape on the wings near the border, but were added to the layout with liquid glue in the center of it. The leaves were added with liquid glue on the bottom part and foam tape on the upper leaves.


The final cluster was on the top of the page. For that, I used a tag to anchor the cluster, then added a phrase label, butterflies and pearls. You can see there different textures, dimension, and colors that balance the layout without making it overwhelming. 


That's all for this layout, as you can see, it is very easy to replicate and follow. If you want to see me creating this layout, you can watch the process video here:


Thanks for your visit and come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments: