Thursday, June 9, 2022

Capture the Moment with Claire - June MyCreativeScrapbook.com

 Claire Hawkins: June Main Kit

12x12 Layout: Capture the Moment


Hi everyone! Claire here and today I’m sharing a page using one of the cutfiles included in this months kit.

I’m using the March Main Kit which features Vicki Boutin’s Sweet Rush and the color's are just perfect for a rainbow layout!

Diagram

Description automatically generated

I prepped my paper with clear gesso, and once dry, added several blue inks to my page. I used a combination of Shimmerz Sprays and Distress Oxide pads, adding water to spread the color across the page.

While waiting for the ink to dry, I cut this beautiful rainbow cutfile. I kept both the positive and negative pieces so nothing went to waste.

A picture containing text

Description automatically generated

The outline of the cutfile was glued flat to the page once it had dried. Then, I took each inner stripe of the rainbow, and coloured it with Distress Oxide Ink, matching the color to the striped “Simple Pleasures” paper.

Using a mini heart punch, I punched lots of small hearts from each stripe, placing them on foam pads and adding them to the corresponding rainbow stripe. I love the extra texture and dimension this has created.

A plate with food on it

Description automatically generated with low confidence

Corresponding coloured hearts were also popped up on foam dangling from the clouds.

I inked around the edges of the clouds and added an outline of sparkly Nuvo Drops for an extra bit of bling. Each cloud was popped up on foam to create a little more height. 

I double matted my photos using the “Love This” black scripty paper and the “Sugarcoated” pink and white striped paper, distressing the edges for texture. I positioned them centrally under the rainbow, layering one on top of the other.

For my title, I used one of the phrases from the Phrase Thickers – I love these! They make layout titles so easy!

A picture containing text

Description automatically generated

Around the rainbow, I added some extra clouds – one from the ephemera pack and one fussy cut from the “Silver Lining” paper, and scattered some butterflies across the page (again one from the ephemera pack and two smaller fussy cut from the “Photos & Things” paper).

A picture containing food, plate, plastic, meal

Description automatically generated

As a small finishing touch, I added some clear gems under the clouds to mimic raindrops. These were from my stash and could be replaced by sequins, small crystals, white/silver Nuvo Drops or paint splatters if preferred.

Diagram

Description automatically generated


And that was my page complete.

I hope you like the finished layout and it has inspired you to create with this beautiful June Main Kit.

See you next month!

Claire xx

@Scrappysoulmate


No comments: