Tuesday, May 24, 2022

So Much Smile with Rebeca!

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I'm sharing with you a happy and gorgeous layout I made for my daughter using My Creative Scrapbook May Main kit featuring Splendid collection by Paige Evans and one of the exclusive cut files you get access to with your subscription to the kit. Stay with me during this post so I can tell you how I made it and you can watch me creating it in the process video at the end.



I started this layout by backing the cut file with green patterned paper in the leaves and vellum in the floral area. Then, I added the fussy cut flowers from the paper on top of the vellum using foam tape. I backed it with vellum first because there are small areas of the cut file that can be seen in between the flowers.  

                                 



I love fussy cutting, so when I received the kit, the first thing I did was fussy cut all the flowers in the floral paper to have them on hand when I sat down to create the layout. This is why, when I was working on this page, I just had to grab the flowers and add foam tape to the back.


                          


After having the cut file ready, I cut two pieces of paper, then tore and distressed one of the edges. I did this to create texture and dimension in the layout. Also, I cut a strip from the stitched paper and used it on the bottom of the layout.


                       
 For the background I used a white cardstock, but I added color to it by diluting Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers in water and a piece of transparency for the kissing technique. When I was happy with the blue area, I used black acrylic paint diluted in water to make splatters around the layout. I also used Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er paint to add gold splatters.

                    



                          Once the paint was dry, I added the papers and the cut file to the layout.

For the title, I used the "So much" and "Smile" foam words from the kit, placing them in between the flowers in the cut file.



 Then, I added a few embellishments from the chipboard pack, the foam pack, and from the fussy cut flowers.




In the next photo you can see some of the word embellishments and details from the paint in the background, like the gold splatters.

With that, I finished the layout, but now you can see me creating it here:



Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope this layout inspires you to craft!

    Rebeca!

 


No comments: