Friday, May 20, 2022

Having so much Fun with Rebeca!

Hi!
As you may have noticed, I love using flowers in my layouts and when I saw this month's My Creative Scrapbook Main Kit, the first thing I did was fussy cut the whole floral paper, including the tiny flowers. It took me a while but it was worth it. Once I had the flowers ready, I started designing with the kit. To create this layout, I was inspired by the sketch of the month designed by Laura Creates. I made a few changes, but you can see the sketch design throughout my layout. Stay with me during this post while I explain to you how I made this page, and you can watch the process video at the end.


This is the sketch for May 2022.


 

In the photo below you can take a look at the finished layout. I used the "notebook" paper as the background and then played with the sketch. Instead of using the banners behind the photos, I used tags cut from the papers and omitted the doilies.

 


To embellish the tags, I made a bow out of pink thread. For the title I used the puffy words included with the kit.


 

Then, I made three clusters using flowers and butterflies that were fussy cut from the papers and the chipboards. There were no embellishments in the middle area of the sketch, but I added some to my page.

 


The journaling was printed and cut in strips, then added to the right bottom part of the page. To make the typewriter prettier, I added a gold heart and two tiny butterflies.

 


In the next photos you can see photos of the clusters with the flowers, chipboards, and puffy stickers.



 

Another detail I added to the layout for more interest were the black paint splatters made with acrylic paint diluted in water.

 


The last touch to this page was the black stitched border to balance the layout and give it a finished look. This page was fun to make and, since I had the flowers ready, I made it quickly. 

 


Join me here to create this beautiful layout during this quick process video. 


  

Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this video as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft.

No comments: