Thursday, April 28, 2022

Amazing with Rebeca !

 Hi!
Hope you are having a great day! Today I'm back in the blog to share with you a gorgeous layout I made using My Creative Scrapbook April Main Kit featuring Pinkfresh Studio Happy Heart. For this layout, I was focused on using the chipboard frames included in the kit and I had this idea of using them as the background in a way that they can be appreciated without subtracting importance from the photos, but enhance them instead. While making this page, I recorded the process, and you can see the video at the end of this post.
 

Let's talk about how I made this layout. First, I did some mixed media on the white cardstock. For that, I used Distress Oxide in Fossilized Amber and a stencil by Vicki Boutin. Then, to finish the look, I added black splatters made with acrylic paint diluted in water.
 


After playing with the frames' position, I finally came to an arrangement that I liked and added them to the page using liquid adhesive. As you can see in the photos, some of them overlap, but this is part of the look I wanted in the page to create layers and interest. Then, I added the photos matted in white cardstock and pink paper.

 


Once the frames and photos were added to the layout, I added the title using one of the die cuts included in the kit. I used foam tape to add them to the cardstock, covering a small part of the photos.

 


After that, I started embellishing the layout using flowers I fussy cut from the floral paper. I added some of them with foam tape, others with liquid glue, and others with a mix of glue and foam tape to create layers of flowers that capture the viewer's attention. Below is the cluster on the left of the photo.

 


Another photo of the same cluster.

 


The second cluster is on the right side of the photos. It is also a mix of fussy cut flowers added to the page in the same way as the previous cluster, for interest and dimension.

 


Another photo of the same cluster.

 


For the third cluster I did something different. I backed a portion of the white cardstock with a blue piece of patterned paper. Then, I tore the white cardstock to reveal the blue paper and used staples to hold the flaps in place and for another nice detail. Then, I embellished the area with flowers. The journaling was printed in cardstock and cut into thin strips that were added to the layout with liquid glue.

 


The last details in the layout was the tab added to the photo. I used an Elle's Studios die to cut the tab and the stamps in the kit for the phrase.

 


That's all for this layout, I hope you like and enjoy it as much as I do. If you want to see me creating this page, let's take a look at the video here:

 

Thank you so much for your visit and for staying with me during this post. 

 

No comments: