Thursday, December 9, 2021

 December Main Kit: Claire Hawkins

Layout: Christmas Crackers!


Hi everyone!

Claire here and I’m excited to be back with you again sharing a layout for My Creative Scrapbook, using the beautiful December Kits which features the beautiful Pinkfresh Studio Holiday Magic collection – It is stunning!

Included with the kit is a big selection of raw chipboard phrases, full of fabulous festive phrases for your projects. I decided to make a feature of these on my page to document a story about our fun nutcracker soldiers that came with our Christmas Crackers last year – they were so much fun!

Diagram, map

Description automatically generated


I started with a piece of white cardstock and a circular aperture cut from another piece of scrap card. I brushed some pale blue Distress Oxide ink through the aperture template to crate a soft blue background. This formed the anchor of my page.

To match the colors of the collection to the chipboard, I painted them with white Gesso and then once dry, I painted them again with acrylic paint in corresponding colors.

A picture containing text

Description automatically generated


I stuck them to my page using strong Glossy Accents glue and left to dry. 

In the meantime, I wanted to create a cracker!

I hand drew the cracker on a piece of the striped ‘Feeling Festive’ paper, and cut it in half to make it look as if the cracker had been pulled. To help it stand out, I added a black outline in felt tip pen and added some red sequin ribbon from my stash.

For dimension, I rolled the cracker to give it a domed effect and positioned it on either side of my painted phrases. Because of its domed shape, it is slightly raised off the page. 

Here are my other layouts I created using this one kit. Wow so many products in this kit !

I used the My Creative Scrapbook exclusive cut files on my layout. 

There are two ephemera packages in this kit!



I used the stencil and alpha sticker on my layout along with the ephemera package

To purchase the kit visit the website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com 
Get a December Main kit before they are gone!



No comments: