Monday, October 11, 2021

Love Fall - Build a Forest cut file My Creative Scrapbook

Hi everyone, Claire here and I am delighted to be Guest Designing for My Creative Scrapbook during October. Today, I have the pleasure of sharing my layout with you, created with this month’s kit. I was inspired by the beautiful colour palette and loved the ‘Build A Forest’ cut file, which inspired me to create an autumnal page.

I started with a piece of heavyweight white cardstock and coated it with gesso to help prime the base for mixed media.  I selected two colors of Distress Oxide from my stash in Seedless Preserve and Wild Honey, and added it to my page using the packaging technique.

Once the ink was dry, I used the clear alphabet stamps to create the words ‘Love’ and ‘Fall’. I stamped ‘Love’ in purple on the purple ink and ‘Fall’ in orange on the orange ink.


I set the background to one side and selected my leaves, cutting them on the Circuit.  I chose just 3 of the leaves available in the file.  I resized one leaf to be 8” tall, making it the anchor for my page, cutting it in the brown and pink polka dot ‘Grateful’ paper.  I stitched through the leaf where I though the veins would be and curled the edges for texture.


Next, I cut 6 smaller leaves (approx. 3.5”) in the purple ‘Let’s Go’ paper.  I layered these on top of each other in two stacks of 3. I folded them in half down the center and stitched through them to create a layered effect – great for lots of dimension.


The final leaf I cut to around 2.25” in the green ‘Breathe Deeply’ paper. Again, I folded these in half down the center of the leaf and glued just the fold to the background using Glossy Accents.  I left the sides of the leaves free so they could be folded up once the glue had dried.

I positioned my photo to the bottom right of the design, double mounting it on patterned paper and distressing the edges. I also layered a tag from the ‘Thankful’ paper underneath, with just the top visible. 

I fussy cut some leaves from the ‘Breathe Deeply’ paper and clustered these, along with some of the gold Puffy Leaf Stickers around my photo. I also added a foam thicker saying ‘Grateful for You’.




I stamped my title onto plain white cardstock and fussy cut each letter, sticking them flat on to the design as they were quite small. To finish the page off, I added some splatters of black ink and that was the page complete.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this walk through my layout, and that it may inspire you to create with this beautiful kit.

 

 Take care,

Claire 

No comments: