Sunday, September 12, 2021

 

Hello friends, it's Monique here today with a step-by-step for this layout I created with Doodlebug's Cute & Crafty collection, which was featured in the September Creative Kit. I'm a huge fan of Doodlebug Design and have even had the honor to have been on their Design Team for a couple of years!

So, here's the layout I made, using a photo of a scrappy date: 


I have tons of photos of scrapbooking dates, which are - of course - perfect for this collection! 

I started with the sheet of paper with all the 2.5" x 2.5" squares (called Perfectly Plaid):


I had a hard time choosing my favorites, but in the end I selected 12 squares. From my stash I picked a sheet of white cardstock and cut off a strip of 0.5" on two sides. So the white cardstock now measured 11.5" x 11.5". I placed the 12 squares on the right side of the paper in four rows of three squares:


Using my sewing machine I stitched all of them on every side and some of them even twice: 




The designs in these squares make me so happy!! 

Next I wanted to use the white AC alpha stickers from the kit, but first I needed to give them another color. Using my Copics I colored the letters I wanted to use:


And using a ruler I decided on the best place to adhere them:



Before doing anything else I first adhered the sheet of white cardstock on top of the sheet of patterned paper called "Painted Posies". For the title I selected a word die-cut from the "Chit Chat" package and using foam adhesive I glued it in the middle of the two bottom rows of squares:


Next I matted my photo and placed it in the top left corner of my page. I decorated my page with more die-cuts and stickers, I wrote a few lines of journaling and stamped the date (twice) and I was done! 
I really love the result. Hope you do too!! 

Here are a few more detail photos:





Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope I've been able to inspire you a little. 

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Wishing you a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest


No comments: