Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Step by Step with Monique

Hello My Creative Scrapbook friends! It's Monique here today sharing my step-by-step for this layout created with the July Creative kit. 

I wanted to scrap these two photos of my youngest son and because of the bright colors of his shirt this kit was absolutely perfect! 

This is the layout I created:


First I displayed the kit on my scrap table:


Next I decided on a "round" design and therefore needed something round to trace and found this plate:


I traced the plate with a pencil and cut out the circle, which I then placed on a sheet of white cardstock:


Next I cut three rectangles and placed these on top of the circle:


Next up were the fabulous puffy words:


These words were perfect to arrange around the circle:



I decided I wanted a patterned paper below the white cardstock, so I cut off approx. 1 cm on all sides and adhered the cardstock on a sheet of light blue pattered paper, called "April Showers". 

Of course the layout needed some machine stitching: 


I stitched both on the patterned papers as well on all 4 sides of the layout:


Next I placed the two photos on the rectangles in the middle of the circle. I wrote some journaling beneath and added a couple of die-cuts & stickers (which I changed again later-on):


After adding a few drops of paint I was done! Hope you like it! 

Here are a couple of close-up shots:





For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

July Creative Kit:


Wishing you a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

No comments: