Monday, June 21, 2021

Walk Through with Claudia!

Hi paper lovers, Claudia here with a layout I created with the May Creative Kit. All the papers and ephemera are very bright and cheerful, and although it is more travel-themed, you can easily adapt it to other design themes:

  


For this mixed media layout, I chose the color combo red-green which I normally only use around Christmas. Here, I used it for a birthday/wedding party theme. As I wanted to go with a diagonal design, I started tearing diagonal strips from red-patterned papers and some vellum for added interest. I adhered these in a sunburst fashion on white card stock before stenciling in the background with green distress oxide. I also used some molding paste with the same stencil for added texture. As title, I chose a journaling card next to the photo before putting both down toward the lower right corner.


To finish it off, I added ephemera and stickers from the kit around the photo. I added a few stamped words and a date stamp. I hope you got some inspiration from this design. 

No comments: