Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Festive Layout with Michelle!

 Hi, I'm Michelle and I'll show you today in my tutorial how to easily create this   festive Layout.



 1 preparation:

This Layout is based on the gorgeous scrapbooking kit from my creative Scrapbook.

 

You will need:

My creative Scrapbook Kit December

Stencil from my creative Scrapbook Kit November

Distress Crayon (or Watercolors, Sprays, Ink Pads..) and Dauber or Brush

Photo

Scissors

Glue

Bakers Twine

1 piece of white cardstock (I work here in 8 "x12", you can also do the layout in 12"12")

Foampads (optional) with it you achieve a better three-dimensional optics

Optional: Breads or Enamel Dots

 

 

Step 2 Envelope and Background


First of all I designed an envelope. This is very easy - cut a paper strip in 9 "x3" format. 
Fold it outside on both long edges at
0.5" and then fold again across the width at
4" and 8 
For the 1" high flap, cut away the side parts.
Fold the long side parts in and glue them together. 

Now you have a nice envelope in which you can also put a note. If you punch/cut two 

circles with a circle punch (or by hand), you can stick them slightly raised with a 3D adhesive pad on the envelope and on the flap (outside - not visible in the picture). You can close the envelope with a piece of twine. But on the layout I glued it open. 

It looks nice if you put an Enamel Dot or a Brad on the closure as decoration. 

Now I use the stencil from the last kit again. I find it so fantastic and it fits perfectly not only for autumn but also for Christmas. With a Distress Crayon, a Dauber and the stencil I now design the background. Alternatively you can use 

watercolors, sprays or other colors. 



Step 3 Start creating:

Now glue the envelope to the paper. After that your photos will follow. Glue them only in the middle and partly raised for a 

three-dimensional look. 



Step 4 photo and title cluster


Think about the title and glue it on. I simply chose the small envelope with "Dear Santa" and stuck it behind a photo. This title fits perfectly with the story my layout wants to tell. My kids are in the process of 

creating their wish list for Santa in the photos. 





Step 5
The layout now makes a somewhat empty impression. The whole photo cluster will now be completed with paper scraps that I put under the 

photos and stickers that I stick next to and over the photos. 





Step 6

The central element is now finished. Now I cut paper strips to size, which I stick on the top and bottom of the photo. To give it a more playful look I tear the strips by

 hand. 

Now I take my stickers and embellishments again and complete the whole layout with

 them. 

The rosettes are simply made with a zigzag folded paper strip. I have completed them with a brad. 

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please leave me your questions and remarks as 

comments I am looking forward to your feedback. Have fun with your creative work.




No comments: