Monday, January 13, 2020

Advent Calender With Zelda!

Hi everyone, today I am sharing an advent calendar that I created using the December Creative
kit.

Once I saw the counting down paper from Pebbles Inc "Merry Little Christmas" collection I knew
I was going to create an advent calendar.

To start, I cut out each of the numbered squares using my paper trimmer.
Each window needed a box to fit inside each window and hold a treat. Using my Cricut explore
air 2 I used a box template and cut out 25 1" square boxes which were scored and glued
together.



Each number was glued to white cardstock and punched out with a smaller square punch to
place on the top of each box. To add dimension I inked around the edges of each number.

I then had to figure out how I was going to get this calendar to stand. I decided to go with a T-
shirt display frame from Michael's. It was the perfect size 13x13". I removed the glass, cut a
piece of cardboard for the backing of the calendar and used thick white craft foam to sandwich
between the paper and cardboard so I could insert the treat boxes inside.


To add some more interest I stitched around the house using 3 strands of DMC floss in
coordinating colours and added some stickles to the snow, trees and wreath on the door.
To finish I added a sticker to the frame to give it dimension and added the title oh what fun along
the top of the roof.
I hope you like how this came together I had a lot of fun creating it and my daughter sure enjoys
opening the boxes to see what treat she will get.
Here is the finished calendar and a few close ups.





You can follow me at my IG page https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/
and my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/crazed4crafts/
Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are
available this month!!

No comments: