Saturday, June 29, 2019

Maja in the Making...

Making the most of the June Limited kit with Maja



Hi there, MCS kits fans :)
If you have bought any of our kits you already know they are filled with a lot of goodies that allow you to make a few projects. But have you ever wondered how many, exactly? I have, and I've decided to check it.
I work in the Limited Edition kit DT, and the June kit contains papers, die-cuts, cardstock stickers and 3 packages of flowers, 6 small stencils, a stamp set and glitter alpha stickers. The LE kit is supposed to provide enough stuff to make four layouts. And I did make four layouts:





...and was left with plenty of paper pieces, even though I only added three small kraft banner flags for the first layout. As some of the pieces were pretty large, I first made a DL wedding card:


Then I made a smaller, 10x15 cm wedding card:


For another small card I added a sentiment die-cut from metallic blue cardstock and two tiny flowers from my stash:


Then I made a mistake of die-cutting a matting shape for my sentiment from the largest panel left, and so for the next card I had to add golden cardstock for the bottom layer, but still had pieces large enough for smaller panels:


Now I was left with smaller pieces only, but still plenty enough to make an exploding box, to which I added golden cardstock elements for more contrast, and also little flowers to decorate the chipboard cake inside. All the larger flowers were from the kit:



At this point I had only small paper pieces, but still usable - I used golden cardstock for the bottom layer and punched square pieces to make a patchwork background:


And having done that, this is what was left from the kit:


As you can see, there are pieces of paper too small to make panels, but if you really wanted to, you could still use them for punching or die-cutting small elements. There are a couple of die-cuts, two flower leaves and some cardstock stickers that you could add to your other projects. I used only a few of the glitter letters for the titles of layouts, and so there are plenty of them left for further use - if there are too few letters to make words, I use them to make a random-letter structured background for cards or layouts :)
So as you can see, with one kit I was able to make 10 projects, adding only minor embellishments such as ribbon, string and sequins and some background cardstock that I might as well not use, I just wanted a nice background to go with the foiled golden motives of the papers.

And don't forget you have a stamp set and 6 stencils to be used over and over again! Isn't that money well spent? :))


No comments: